TRANSPORTATION, GETTING AROUND DENPASAR
Denpasar is a small but busy town. Public transport is by a three or four mini-bus called a “bemo”, which follows set routes in a clockwise direction around town. Most routes pass through Tegal Terminal on the Kuta/ Airport/Nusa Dua side of town, and Kereneng Terminal on the Sanur side of town. Some, but not all, go along Jalan Gajah Mada which is the shortest route between these two terminals.
Buses heading west to Java and Tabanan leave from Ubung Terminal. Buses and mini-buses to other destinations in Bali leave from the Kereneng Terminal (central bus station).
There is a direct bemo service from Nusa Dua and Kuta to Tegal Terminal. From Sanur there are services to Kereneng Terminal or Sanglah via Renon. To get to Jalan Gajah Mada from Tegal or Kereneng Terminals catch a 3 or 4 wheeler going to “Gajah Mada”.
DENPASAR BEMO GUIDE
How to get to the following from Jalan Gajah Mada :
- P.O – to Sanglah or Panjer via Jln Sudirman ; alight at Jln Puputan Raya then walk or “ojek” on a motorbike taxi.
- Immigration – as above, then first street on left.
- P.O. Kereneng — to Kereneng, then walk.
- International Phone — to Kereneng via Jln Veteran, alight at Jln Kedondong.
- Airline Offices — to Kereneng via Jln Patimura. alight at Jln Melati.
- Hospital — to Sanglah, alight at terminal.
- S.T.I. Dance — to Tohpati via Jln Supratman, alight at Jln Ratna.
DENPASAR MINI-BUS ROUTES
| Bus Colur VIA
1.Navy Blue Jln Imam Bonjol
2.Blue/White Uluwatu, airport
3.Green Jln Sanur Raya, Tanjungbungkak
4.Cream GPO & Imming.
5.Cream/red as above
6.Grey Jln Diponegoro
7.Grey Jln Sudirman
8.Yellow/blue ASTI Dance Academy
9.Red/Yellow Swimming Pool
Bemo and Mini-Bus Terminals Denpasar
Jln Imam Bonjol